Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Who do you write like?

Found this nifty little Tuesday time-waster from fellow writer Nate Hansen:
I Write Like.
Check what famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them to those of the famous writers.
Any text in English will do: your latest blog post, journal entry, Reddit comment, chapter of your unfinished book, etc. For reliable results paste at least a few paragraphs (not tweets).
I produced Kurt Vonnegut on one try, and Douglas Adams on another. Take it, and share your results in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Chuck Palahniuk, which is interesting, since I never read Fight Club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got James Joyce and Dan Brown. Interesting ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that WAS fun! I write like Margaret Mitchell and Cory Doctorow. My hope was Garrison Keillor! :)

    ReplyDelete